This is the flagship project of RCNV. In the Kidathon we invite school children in the range of 8-15 years to participate in a fun walk segregated by age and distance. In the first year we managed to attract 3000 children from almost all schools of Nagpur. This year we have prepared for 5000 children and the number is constantly growing. The idea is to inculcate a sense of physical fitness and well-being among the young kids so that they lead a healthier lifestyle. This year the event will be held at Tirpude College on Sunday 2nd December 2018, from 6.00 am onwards. Prominent business houses of the region come out in support of this mega project by way of sponsorships.
- Conceived as a project to promote health and fitness among children from 8 to 15 years, has become our flagship annual project. Held on Sunday, 2nd December 2018.
- Huge response which included participation by 5,560 children and a total crowd of more than 12,000 including accompanying parents & siblings.
- Supported by 15 different sponsors and Nagpur Police.
- Event included Zumba dance by all participants, educating them on traffic rules by a Senior Police Inspector and fun talk by Radio Jockeys of Radio City FM 91.1.
- Free T-shirts, ice-creams and a bag of goodies was given to each participating child.
- Extensive coverage by the print media and radio for days.
- Net profit of Rs 3.22 lakhs was generated out of Kidathon and earmarked for the education of the underprivileged girl child. This amount is now being given to the deserving underprivileged girls as scholarships aimed at supporting them in continuing their education.
- A massive Public Relations and Goodwill project.
- Involvement of more than 80% of the CLUB MEMBERS AND SPOUSES in this project.