This is a Rotary District Wide singing competition aimed at showcasing the vocal talents of Rotarians and their spouses. The Rotary District ranges from Nasik to Jalgaon to Amravati to Nagpur and everything in between, hence competition is fierce and talent is really showcased. There are audition rounds in various cities followed by finals where a male and female winner are chosen by reputed, non Rotary judges.
- Rotary Superstar had been conceived by our club as a platform to bring together all the Rotarians of our District through the medium of music last year and this year conducted on a huge scale.
- With the support of our District Governor, this year the Grand Finale of Rotary Superstar was staged at the District Conference, Karmotsav as an entertainment event on the first day of the conference.
- Audition Rounds were conducted at Nasik, Jalgaon , Akola and Nagpur with the support of our partner Rotary Clubs in November & December 2018 and the winners later competed for the title of “Rotary Superstar” at the Karmotsav.
- Total 19Clubs from our District and 44 Rotarians/Spouses participated in this event.
- The event brought together hundreds of Rotarians and spouses in a friendly, competitive and supportive spirit. The warm interaction amongst the competitors and their supporters was very encouraging especially when the RIPR commented that why had she never thought of this earlier for her own District.
- This also helped our Club in bonding well with the 3 partner clubs. There was also excellent bonding & interaction amongst the participating clubs at the 4 Audition centres earlier and later at Karmotsav.
- The Winners and Runners-up were conferred with Trophies by the RIPR and the First Lady of the District at the Karmotsav.
- The response to the Auditions and specially the Grand Finale at the Karmotsav to this event was massive and made this into a very popular event amongst the Rotarians of our District.
- The planning, collecting resources, coordination and execution of the entire event took more than 3 months which involved about 20% of our club members & spouses.